Hi, I'm Caitlin! Welcome to my blog.

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Stila Smudgestick Review/Swatches

Hey everyone,

As promised, I'm doing my review on the Stila Smudgestick's I bought last week in Boots.  I've worn them several times since then and let me just say, I LOVE them.

I bought them in Stingray (Black) and Peacock (Blue).



These eye liners are your typical mechanical twist-up pencils.



Here is what is said about them on the Boots website.

"Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner. A color-rich, vibrant, easy-to-use eye liner with staying power. Long-lasting, waterproof formula.

In my experience, this is exactly right.

I have yet to wear the blue, however it has been swatched several times since I've owned it and it's exactly the same as the black.

I have never experienced such pigmentation with an eye liner before.  Literally, ONE swipe and you have full colour.  You don't have to sit there and apply it five times before you get the pigmentation you want.


Onto the swatches.

Left: First applied. Right: First applied and smudged with q-tip.

Now, I'll show you the photo of the SAME swatches however, they're over 24hrs old.  I have washed my hands, showered, cleaned, done dishes, washed my make-up brushes, applied/rubbed in hand cream etc.  The only thing I haven't done is removed them with an eye make-up remover or wipe.


Please excuse the cut. My cat got me when he was playing.

As you can see, they have both smudged/faded in this time, however you can still clearly see them.

Something you may want to know: Although these have excellent staying power, I have noticed that they DO still smudge - no matter how long you have left them.  Let me try to make something clear, though. Whether it is wet or not, this will not move UNLESS you rub it.  This also stays perfectly on the waterline.

Overall: I recommend these.  I realise they're more expensive than your typical drugstore eye liner, but they are SO worth it.  I plan on buying every colour they have, eventually.

Where to buy?: The Stila website has a list of UK Boots stores that stock them.  If you don't have one near you that stocks them, you can buy online on the Boots website.

How much?:  I paid £13 in store for mine, however for some odd reason it says online they are £14.  Then again, the display in-store said that price too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and will reply to them the moment I get a chance, however I respectfully ask you to please not leave your blog url in them. Thank you.