Hi, I'm Caitlin! Welcome to my blog.

Friday 1 July 2011

NOTW - China Glaze Purple Panic & Black Mesh Crackle

Hey everyone,

So today's NOTW is China Glaze's "Purple Panic" and I did an accent on my ring finger with the China Glaze "Black Mesh" Crackle polish.

I unfortunately wasn't able to get a good photo of the bottom end of the bottle with the label on it, but it's definitely "Purple Panic".

Here are the photos I did manage to get, which happened to take me forever:





This is with two coats. Please excuse the cuticle area, it's a mess, I know.

The application for this polish was nice and easy. I probably could have gotten away with just one coat, however I like two for whatever reason. Also I noticed with one coat it left a few streak marks when it dried, where as with two it didn't.

This is a "Neon" nail polish, it also dries matte so I made sure to apply a top coat for the glossy finish - although it does still look pretty when matte.

Something interesting I noticed with this polish is that in the photos, it looks like a very bright pink and when applied it did too. However later on I noticed it starting to look more of a pinky-purple. I don't know if it had to do with the lighting or not, but either way I do love this polish.

I'm still not sure on my opinion with the Crackle polish. I kind of like it, but I'm still not 100% on "loving" it. I think it looks nice on an accent nail like I've done, but I don't think I would have liked it on all of them. Also something I've noticed with the Crackle polishes I have (I have two, this one and China Glaze "Cracked Concrete" which is a grey) is that they're very thick/goopy polishes? It's nothing that seems to really be a problem as you're not doing layer after layer of polish, but it's still worth mentioning. I'm also not a fan of the brushes that come with these, as to me they seem to be a little thinner than the regular brushes that come with China Glaze polishes - maybe that's just me? However it does make it difficult to try and do a thin even coat of the polish. I personally have to do three strokes of it and find it's not as thin as I'd like it to be as the thinner the coat, the more crackle you get.

I wish I could tell you about longevity when it comes to nail polish, but as my nails are acrylic my polish doesn't budge until I take it off. No chipping, tip wear, anything.

This is definitely an "out there" colour and in my opinion perfect for summer - however I am known to wear whatever I like no matter what the season or "trend" so it really doesn't matter, lol. I bought this at Sally's online when they were doing a 3 for 2 offer.

What do you think of this polish? What do you think about the Crackle polishes, do you have any?

2 comments:

  1. Looks nice :) Maybe try Barry M, or Models own crack polishes? I find they work pretty well and don't seem to be too thick or gloopy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - may look into those! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and will reply to them the moment I get a chance, however I respectfully ask you to please not leave your blog url in them. Thank you.