Hi, I'm Caitlin! Welcome to my blog.

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Glamour Magazine Benefit Freebies & Review/Swatches!

Hey everyone,

I'm totally late on the bandwagon for posting this - darn my being so slow!

However on June 9th Glamour magazine released it's July edition with free samples of Benefit cosmetics! As far as I'm aware you can still buy these wherever magazines are sold.



You had three choices, High Beam, Posie-tint and Bene-tint.

Me? I picked up all 3, simply for the fact that I've never tried any Benefit products before and their prices, to me, are astronomical. I love MAC, I love drugstore items, I even have a NARS blush in the ever famous "Orgasm", however for some reason I can't seem to justify spending £18.50 for 7g of High Beam or £24.50 for 12.5ml of Posie-tint or Bene-tint. It just seems to me, to be an insane amount.

Now, yes, some may argue that MAC isn't worth the price that it is, but I suppose everyone has their own opinions. Personally I find MAC to be of extremely high quality, and for the price, it's worth it.

In any case, for the £6 it cost me to buy 3 copies of the Glamour magazine that included these items, I think it's a much better deal - especially if like me, you haven't tried Benefit products before, or if you've been eyeing up these items but like me, can't justify spending such a big amount on something you may or may not like. Especially seeing as each sample comes with 4ml worth of product! How can you go wrong?



Onto the products themselves:

High Beam - Is a pink liquid highlighter. It can be subtle if you apply a little amount, however too much and I think you may end up looking like a disco ball. I, personally, could not use much of this product, as although it's absolutely gorgeous, I have combination skin and massive pores, so I'd look like oil-city and pore-ville. Still a very pretty highlight colour, though!

Posie-tint - Is a pretty light pink cheek and lip tint. Unfortunately, as pretty as this looks, it's very sheer, on me at least. I've heard a few other people say the same thing, that no matter what they just can't get it to show up on them, no matter how pale they are!

Bene-tint - Is a pretty rose cheek and lip tint. This one is much easier to see in comparison to Posie-tint, and it does definitely stain! As you can see by the swatch, it's very a very thing consistency. By the time I had put a dab on, rubbed one beside to show it blended and picked up my camera it had run everywhere - which is kind of concerning if you're going to put it on the cheeks in my opinion, you could end up with it running down your face if you're not quick enough, so I'd strongly suggest dabbing some on your hand and using a brush to apply this.

Overall, I feel if you're going to look into these, the ones to look for are High Beam and Bene-tint. Especially if you're planning on buying full size. But if you're like me and want to try all three, why not? Certainly cheap enough to do so and maybe you'll have different results!

Did you buy this months Glamour magazine? Did you get any of these items? If so, which? I'd love to hear about it and your thoughts on them in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Posie-tint looks so gorgeous! Shame it's so sheer. Cute blog hun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I'm glad you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and will reply to them the moment I get a chance, however I respectfully ask you to please not leave your blog url in them. Thank you.