Hi, I'm Caitlin! Welcome to my blog.

Sunday 6 November 2011

Nails Inc Glamour Magazine

Hey everyone,

Today I'm going to talk about the Nails Inc polishes you get free with this months Glamour magazine.  There are four to choose from and if you're lucky and quick enough, you may get all of them.

So far I've only managed to find three of them, much to my dismay.



Basil Street, Tate and Piccadilly Circus are the ones I have - I'm still hunting for Victoria!

I have to say - I was shocked when I first swatched these polishes.  They went on so smoothly, so easily and SO opaque in just one coat!  I almost didn't use a second one, but couldn't help myself.  They are definitely worth the £11 original price tag - however I just can't justify it to myself to buy more.  Enough of my rambling, onto the swatches!

I'm going to add quickly that I've just taken these photos about 20mins ago, at around 5pm.  I have every light on in my bedroom trying to get a decent representation of them and I'm hoping they at least help you all some what get just an idea of what you'd be getting.

Bottles themselves:




 

Funnily enough, Piccadilly Circus looks like a really pretty pink-ish colour.. but when swatched, it's actually very dark.  I do however still find it to be very pretty.  I also have yet to see these in daylight so that could change how it looks perhaps.

Swatches!
L-R: Basil Street, Tate, Piccadilly Circus with flash

L-R: Basil Street, Tate, Piccadilly Circus without flash
I'm actually finding it difficult to tell you which is more accurate.  I suppose in the lighting I have, without flash is definitely seeming to be more accurate however I have to admit I'd kind of like it if it were the other way around.

I'm really sorry again I couldn't get better swatches, but hopefully this gives you an idea, somewhat of what you'll be in store for.  Also keep in mind that when you pick up the magazine - the name of the polish is not on the box of the polish so you'll be comparing them all to make sure each polish is slightly different in colour.

Drying time for these polishes is impressive.  It's taken me 25mins to swatch, take photos, edit photos and type this post up.  In this time the swatches are 90% dry - two coats.

Overall opinion - absolutely worth the £11 per bottle.  If you're like me and can't justify it, I strongly suggest you get them from the Glamour offer this month.  £8 total for £44 worth of polish?  It's a steal.  If you don't like the colour - give it to a friend!


I hope you're all well.
 

2 comments:

  1. I got the Basil Street one of these! I dunno what to make of it..

    I've pictures and a link to you here: http://irishwishesarespecial.blogspot.com/2011/11/why.html

    Wish the samples had been more simple basic colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sinead!

    Sorry for the late reply! Thank you so much for the link! :)

    I agree, basic colours would have been nice. I also managed to get my hands on Victoria after posting this but I'm not really a huge fan of it..

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and will reply to them the moment I get a chance, however I respectfully ask you to please not leave your blog url in them. Thank you.